If the surgery is closed and you have an urgent medical problem which cannot wait until the surgery re-opens please dial 111. Calls to NHS 111 from landlines and mobile phones are free and the service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for people who:
- Need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- Don't know who to call for medical help or don't have a GP
- Think they need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- Need health information or reassurance about what to do next
These services are provided by Primecare
The service provides patients with:
- Emergency care assessed through a local treatment centre
- Emergency care assessed through a home visiting service
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.